Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Ever since I found out about the Myers Briggs tests, I have always been fascinated by it. When Steve and I were in pre-marital counseling (2000), we had to take this test to see how our personalities fit together. To no surprise to us, we are complete opposites. At the time, I was ISFJ (Introverted, Sensitive, Feeling, and Judging) and Steve was ENTP (Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceiving).
But when I went to work at Meridian Technology Center, they had me take a much more detailed exam. And my personality had actually changed, and quite a bit. I became an ENFJ (Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging) in two years. But the E (Extroverted) and (Judging) were very minor-almost equaled out on the exam.
So, when I came across this book at Savers, I couldn't pass it up. "Do What You Are--Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type."
I decided I should probably take the test again, since my results were so dramatically different in 2000 vs. 2002. So, there was a free one here, and it says I am INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Perceiving).
But when I went to work at Meridian Technology Center, they had me take a much more detailed exam. And my personality had actually changed, and quite a bit. I became an ENFJ (Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging) in two years. But the E (Extroverted) and (Judging) were very minor-almost equaled out on the exam.
So, when I came across this book at Savers, I couldn't pass it up. "Do What You Are--Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type."
I decided I should probably take the test again, since my results were so dramatically different in 2000 vs. 2002. So, there was a free one here, and it says I am INFP (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Perceiving).
This reading will keep me busy for the rest of the day since I do want to try and figure out if I can narrow down a new career field. This is the perfect time to figure it out since I have a lot of free time.
If you've never taken the Myers-Briggs test, I highly recommend it. It's very informative, and helps you understand yourself a little better. And when you meet people who have also taken the test, it's really fun to see why you are most likely to like or dislike them. It really helped me understand a few of my bosses over the years.


Comments
Post a Comment