A day of enjoyment before going back to work

I decided I should do some fun things today, since it is my last day of not working full-time. I enjoyed a pedicure, which was very nicely done. I prefer going to a hair salon to get my nails done, but most of them were closed today. So, I ended up at a nail salon. I always worry about the cleanliness of those salons, but I went anyways.

Afterwards, I went to Goodwill and found a few more things that I can wear to work. Since the boss seems to be concerned about her employees dressing 'too casual,' I decided I should invest in a few dressier looking outfits, because I totally was super relaxed at Tackle Marketing. I was wearing flip flops, t-shirts and capris a lot during the Summer. I found a couple of really adorable dresses. One is a bit snug, so I will have to spend some time trying to slim down for it to be comfortable. But I am very pleased with my purchases.

Of course, I had to take Lucky for one more long drive since he really cannot walk that much anymore without limping really hard and having to rest more. He loves it when I take him cruising down these back roads. I have to stay around 35 mph, or it is too fast for his liking. So, he had a nice little drive through Amherst, Mont Vernon and Bedford today. I also took him on a two hour drive yesterday, which was through New Boston, Bow, Goffstown, etc....

Trying to stay realistic, I bought very easy meals to make this week. This job is going to be a lot busier than I have had in many years. So, I want to be sure to not over complicate our evening meals, like I often do.  For instance, tonight I am making collard greens, homemade cornbread and salmon patties. A bit overkill, but I needed to make the collard greens since they were about to turn into compost. Looking forward to the cornbread though. Love cornbread!

I am really stoked that this job is in Manchester, New Hampshire and not in Massachusetts. I had decided after all my searching, it was almost inevitable I would end up working in Massachusetts. But alas, as Steve keeps reminding me "this is a three-week trial run."  He is nervous that she is going to get all caught up with what she needs to have done, and then let me go. I don't think that's the case, but you never know.

It will also be weird working with only women, since I have worked with only men in the office for over 4 years. I think she is a no BS kind of person, so it will stay pretty business oriented. She had mentioned she had a zero drama tolerance. Ha ha!

Looking forward to having a job that keeps me busy. It's been way too long.


Comments

  1. I have found that those who claim such "virtues" tend to BE the drama. Well wishes nonetheless. Enjoy your cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!