Day 41 -- Job marketing slowing down??

I am starting to think the job market is slowing down. I am finding fewer jobs to apply to lately. So, I guess I am going to need to start getting creative with my search.

We seem to kill meat thermometers very easily. Most likely because Steve uses them in the smoker, and they just can't handle the ongoing heat. I should get him one that is specifically for smokers, but I need to get one for this weekend. So, I decided to go to the Restaurant Supply store. Their thermometers should outlast the ones we have had in the past. But to my surprise, they had the exact same one that every other store carries. Dang it. Oh well.

This morning, I tried to find paneer for vegetarian gumbo. We always buy it from the Spice Center, but that place has really gone down hill. They increased the size of it, but they have less foreign food and more American food. I looked all over the store for paneer, and found none. So I finally asked someone, and they said they would have a delivery next Thursday. I need it NOW! My second store to check, and most likely last resort in the area was Alibaba. They too were out. Hmmm... Don't you just love driving all over town looking for something and coming back empty-handed?

Very soon, I will get to have a tasty lunch with a very good friend. I am looking forward to it. Haven't had very much in-person social interaction other than interviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!