Day 5 - Going Well
Since I will have lots of time during the week, I decided I would make Friday my official house cleaning day. This was my 'cleaning day' in college and other times I was job free (when we moved due to new employment for Steve). I have always liked having the entire weekend to just chill and have a nice relaxing time with Steve. So, this makes perfect sense to take up this routine again.
Today was easier to get out of bed. Yay! I was up and doing things around the house by 7:45 am. I was shocked when I looked at the clock, and I was already hunting for jobs online before 8 am.
I've noticed the best way for me to get motivated is to get my butt out of the house for a while. Once I get out, smell the fresh air, I feel more motivated to come back home and tackle my to do list. So, I decided I would do something fun! I stopped by my favorite shop Antiques on Elm Street. Of course, Lucky came along with me too.
After I was done at the antique store (I didn't buy anything), I decided to drive to downtown Elm Street to see if any new shops or restaurants had opened. When I worked in Manchester, Dana and I used to take long walks all around the mill district. And I always noticed that shops were opening and closing pretty regularly on Elm Street. There were a couple I saw that were new, but I also decided if there was a spot open in front of the Queen City Cupcakes shop, I would stop in. And there actually was a spot open. Crazy. So, I went in and picked out two cupcakes, one for me (Caramel Salted Chocolate) and one for Steve (Guinness). Oh man! Was that cupcake AMAZING! My expectations were set pretty low, because I wasn't happy with the two other cupcake shops in the area I had tried.
Then, I went to get my car washed. It was pretty gross too. The cool thing about Infinity Car Wash in Manchester, they have clean towels, soapy water and free vacuums you can use after you get out the wash. Very cool.
After I arrived home, I washed the dog. We both hate bathing him. It's not easy, and it's impossible to get him very dry. His coat is like a SPONGE that will not ever ring out. Last month, I actually used the hair dryer on him. ha ha! He didn't seem to mind so much.
More laundry, then I managed to clean up all the fallen limbs in the front yard.
So, I have to say it was a very productive day. Not in the employment realm, but I did not plan on doing much on Fridays that involved job hunting.
So, one week down. Who knows how many to go. We shall see! Until next week...
Today was easier to get out of bed. Yay! I was up and doing things around the house by 7:45 am. I was shocked when I looked at the clock, and I was already hunting for jobs online before 8 am.
I've noticed the best way for me to get motivated is to get my butt out of the house for a while. Once I get out, smell the fresh air, I feel more motivated to come back home and tackle my to do list. So, I decided I would do something fun! I stopped by my favorite shop Antiques on Elm Street. Of course, Lucky came along with me too.
After I was done at the antique store (I didn't buy anything), I decided to drive to downtown Elm Street to see if any new shops or restaurants had opened. When I worked in Manchester, Dana and I used to take long walks all around the mill district. And I always noticed that shops were opening and closing pretty regularly on Elm Street. There were a couple I saw that were new, but I also decided if there was a spot open in front of the Queen City Cupcakes shop, I would stop in. And there actually was a spot open. Crazy. So, I went in and picked out two cupcakes, one for me (Caramel Salted Chocolate) and one for Steve (Guinness). Oh man! Was that cupcake AMAZING! My expectations were set pretty low, because I wasn't happy with the two other cupcake shops in the area I had tried.
Then, I went to get my car washed. It was pretty gross too. The cool thing about Infinity Car Wash in Manchester, they have clean towels, soapy water and free vacuums you can use after you get out the wash. Very cool.
After I arrived home, I washed the dog. We both hate bathing him. It's not easy, and it's impossible to get him very dry. His coat is like a SPONGE that will not ever ring out. Last month, I actually used the hair dryer on him. ha ha! He didn't seem to mind so much.
More laundry, then I managed to clean up all the fallen limbs in the front yard.
So, I have to say it was a very productive day. Not in the employment realm, but I did not plan on doing much on Fridays that involved job hunting.
So, one week down. Who knows how many to go. We shall see! Until next week...
Comments
Post a Comment