Day 25 -- Brain dead
It's amazing how quickly my world becomes a complete haze. If I don't get out much, work, challenge my brain, socialize, exercise, etc... my brain goes on vacation. I really have to force myself to get out when I am not employed and do things or else I could easily just sleep my days away.
This morning, I had to attend one of the mandatory unemployment meetings. I also had my second unemployment check deposited. I didn't learn much from the meeting, but I do have an official 'case manager' now that is supposed to help me with finding a new job. They will schedule a one-on-one meeting at some point.
Meanwhile, I had a phone interview yesterday that went very well. But after speaking with someone who has worked for that company before, I decided it is probably not a good fit for me. I really need to have a flexible schedule, and they have no flexibility. You will be there no matter what-even if the biggest snow storm shuts down the entire state, I will need to be at work, and on time. That does not sound like a very nice company now, does it?
Also, I stopped by one of my favorite antique stores, and placed my name on the waiting list for a small booth in the store to sell items. It is something I have been thinking about for a few years, selling antiques. So, why not start small and see how it goes? I just need to do some research on what sells and how to display your items in order for them to get noticed. If I decide I am not interested, I can just let them know when I do come up on the list as the next one in line for a spot in the store.
This morning, I had to attend one of the mandatory unemployment meetings. I also had my second unemployment check deposited. I didn't learn much from the meeting, but I do have an official 'case manager' now that is supposed to help me with finding a new job. They will schedule a one-on-one meeting at some point.
Meanwhile, I had a phone interview yesterday that went very well. But after speaking with someone who has worked for that company before, I decided it is probably not a good fit for me. I really need to have a flexible schedule, and they have no flexibility. You will be there no matter what-even if the biggest snow storm shuts down the entire state, I will need to be at work, and on time. That does not sound like a very nice company now, does it?
Also, I stopped by one of my favorite antique stores, and placed my name on the waiting list for a small booth in the store to sell items. It is something I have been thinking about for a few years, selling antiques. So, why not start small and see how it goes? I just need to do some research on what sells and how to display your items in order for them to get noticed. If I decide I am not interested, I can just let them know when I do come up on the list as the next one in line for a spot in the store.
Comments
Post a Comment