Day 2

Ah, but FIRST, I must talk about my 1st day again.

Things went well after I went to the library. I literally forced myself to go to the gym. I told myself when I was unemployed, there will be absolutely no excuse to skip the gym. I looked up the class schedule for the Goffstown Gold's Gym, since it is the closest Gold's to my house to see if there were some classes I would like to take. The classes really help me stay on schedule and motivated to go to the gym. I am much better at going regularly if I go to classes, so I don't have to think about what I am going to do when I arrive at the gym.

Sadly, the only way I convinced myself to go was I told myself I didn't "have" to go to the class. I could just hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes or so. At least I went to the gym and made an effort. But once I was on the treadmill for about 11 minutes, I saw the class start lining up to enter the room around 5:25 pm. I didn't feel too exhausted yet, so I decided I would do it. I would go to the zumba class, and hopefully enjoy it. Stop being a chicken. It's always awkward going, because you don't know anyone. And I never feel like getting to know anyone or making connections with people at the gym. Not sure why, I just don't. Now if someone talks to me, I will totally communicate. I just don't go out of my way to do it. I just do my thing and get the heck out of there.

As always, the room was completely filled, hardly any room to move. That's always unfortunate about these classes, as we would all get a better workout if we didn't have to worry about slapping people with our hands or kicking the person next to us. I was pleased to see quite a few ladies in their 60s there as well. And they were cute to watch. They could really move! yay!

One of the dances we did was this one, which I knew because I have done it several times just by following along this youtube video (below), so that was exciting.  Any Shakira song makes a great zumba dance (Hips Don't Lie). We also did a routine to Waka Waka, which I also like a lot.


After class, I was very excited that I wasn't overheated or too exhausted, which are the main reasons why I stopped going a few years back. I think it's because it is still very cool outside, and the instructor was kind enough to open the doors and have very large industrial fans blowing into the room.

Afterwards, I went to the store to find a few good things to fix for dinner this week.

So, I have to say Day 1 was pretty productive!

Day 2 of Unemployment
Dreary rainy day. Chilly! Brrr... This makes it tough to get motivated. But alas, I got up, ready, applied to about 5 jobs, etc... Did dishes and I went to Target to pick up prescriptions.

I read a little bit of a couple of the books I checked out from the library, but other than that, not too much accomplished today. I am still pretty sore from yesterday's zumba class. I did enjoy it though, and it was exciting to hear some of the ladies talk about the usual instructor-who apparently is a much more exciting, fun instructor. So, that motivates me to go again! My plan is to at least go 3 times a week. That's not too much and not too little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!