Day 1 of Unemployment
These blogs might be pretty boring, so fair warning. But I feel this will be therapeutic during this time of transition.
Sunday, I filled out my unemployment forms online. I guess I have to do that every week if I want to get paid. It's so weird that you can get laid off and still get paid by the state. It will be automatically deposited into my checking account.
Monday, April 7, 2014
The first day of officially being unemployed. I was good, and didn't sleep in. Got up, and did my usual morning rituals. Fed the dog, let him out, ate my oats, drank my tea, and finished cleaning up the kitchen.
I found my previous job hunt log, so I decided I better start filling it out with the current job prospects information, since I am not going to keep very good track of it otherwise. I highly recommend that you do that if you are on the hunt for jobs. It is very helpful to have it all in one document.
Set up the nifty scanner Jenn gave me, and I am very eager to use. Just can't decide what needs scanned! ha ha!
A few other monotonous things occurred such as paying bills and answering emails. I ate my lunch. But my BIG mistake was taking a nap. I took a 2 hour nap. When I woke, the sinking feeling that I have to find a new job set in a bit harder. And I needed to motivate myself to do that.
So, off to the library I went! I love the library. It's so nice that there are thousands of books that I can borrow for free, and return in two weeks. The library is always a good friend to me in times of unemployment and boredom.
The books I found should be helpful. I hope anyways! Because I am interested in trying a new line of work, this is the perfect time to explore that avenue.
Sunday, I filled out my unemployment forms online. I guess I have to do that every week if I want to get paid. It's so weird that you can get laid off and still get paid by the state. It will be automatically deposited into my checking account.
Monday, April 7, 2014
The first day of officially being unemployed. I was good, and didn't sleep in. Got up, and did my usual morning rituals. Fed the dog, let him out, ate my oats, drank my tea, and finished cleaning up the kitchen.
I found my previous job hunt log, so I decided I better start filling it out with the current job prospects information, since I am not going to keep very good track of it otherwise. I highly recommend that you do that if you are on the hunt for jobs. It is very helpful to have it all in one document.
Set up the nifty scanner Jenn gave me, and I am very eager to use. Just can't decide what needs scanned! ha ha!
A few other monotonous things occurred such as paying bills and answering emails. I ate my lunch. But my BIG mistake was taking a nap. I took a 2 hour nap. When I woke, the sinking feeling that I have to find a new job set in a bit harder. And I needed to motivate myself to do that.
So, off to the library I went! I love the library. It's so nice that there are thousands of books that I can borrow for free, and return in two weeks. The library is always a good friend to me in times of unemployment and boredom.
The books I found should be helpful. I hope anyways! Because I am interested in trying a new line of work, this is the perfect time to explore that avenue.
Blurry photo. But you get the idea.
And Lucky is always the best companion to have during these transitional periods. He keeps me motivated to get out of the house for some fresh air since he is always eager to LEAVE. When you get that 'look' from him of "please Momma, can we go somewhere today?" You just can't resist. So, off we go for a joy ride. When he was younger, we would often find new places to go for walks. But now we usually just go for a ride, so he can hang his head out the car and check out all the lovely smells.
And there aren't very many things in life that I love more than seeing Lucky's ears flying and his nose sniffing the air as he hangs his head out the window.


Comments
Post a Comment