Pottery...oh how I love you

I have always fancied pottery. It's so pretty, and I truly appreciate the work that goes into it.

When I was in junior high and high school, I enrolled in art class every single year. So, I had my fair share of projects made out of clay. Of course, in the end, very few things were worth keeping. That's because I made everything by hand and not with a potter's wheel.

Over the past few years, I have started a collection of pottery. Anytime I find a piece (usually under $10), I buy it.
Most of these were purchased for a few bucks at antique/consignment stores.

And I have pretty much stolen any and all small pieces of pottery my mom had in her home. She didn't like them anyways. ha ha!

I also fancy beautiful mugs. This one was on my wish list. It was made in Turkey. 
Mom sent it to me for my birthday. 

However, Steve has asked me to PLEASE STOP BUYING MUGS! ha ha! 
He feels the same way about rugs too. sigh... But I love them!!


From the Fragrant Mushroom in TN.
Since I love pottery so much, I decided maybe I should take an actual wheel throwing pottery class at the local art center. So, I have enrolled in a "TRY IT! Clay Workshop Class", so I can see how I like using a pottery wheel. If I do, I will enroll in an entire class. I do enjoy playing with clay, just not sure I will be able to figure out the whole wheel thing.

We shall see! I will let you know how it goes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!