Latest Green Girl Attempt: Safety Razor

The last attempt to be "green" by not purchasing disposable razors failed miserably with the electric razor. I was never happy with it, and more often then not, I just plain forgot to shave!

So, an alternative crept up. Steve actually introduced me to using an old fashioned double-edged safety razor. His brother told him how he had this great shaving regimen, and how his face felt fantastic. He never had any more razor burn or infected ingrown hairs ever since he started this shaving ritual. Convinced by big brother, Steve bought the whole set. And he absolutely loves to shave now. Even though it takes him close to 30 minutes now, it is well worth it. His face is always so smooth and free of ingrown hairs. He always had sores on his face from where he picked at his ingrown hairs.

And of course, when Steve has a new product he likes, he tries to tell the whole world how great it is! He really should get paid for pawning products, like the movie "The Joneses".

I was hesitant, of course, thinking of shaving all my girly parts with this so called safety razor. But once Steve purchased a second one, I told him I would give it a shot. Why the heck not? The razors are like 15 cents each? That's a heck of a lot cheaper than disposables!

You are probably wondering if it takes me 30 minutes to shave? Absolutely not. It takes me exactly the same amount of time it did before, and I still just use a bar of soap to lather up my legs.

And now, I am in love with the Merkur 180. It happens to also be the one Steve prefers, so I need to get one of my very own now! I am looking at vintage ones, just because they are cool, but I will probably buy this same one since I know I like it. I am using an Edwin Jagger razor right now, and it just isn't as good as the Merkur 180.

Yes, they are not cheap ($29 on Amazon), but it is a ONE TIME PURCHASE. You will never have to buy another one again. Just look at the ones you see on Etsy from 1905! They don't go bad!

So, much like my husband, when I love a product, I want to tell the world too! THIS SUCKER IS AWESOME! So much better than any replaceable cartridge or disposable razor. And you don't feel bad replacing the blades since it is just 15 cents each time! WOO HOO! Less waste and an awesome shave. 
Check it out for yourself! It's totally worth it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!