A little bit about Turkey--the FOOD!
Well, to start I was diet FREE on our trip. Apparently, I am HEALED by being on the Low Fodmap diet for now...anyways. I have had many remissions in my life, and this might just be another one.
When I sat down for our first amazing meal at the Bellefron Hotel in Cirali, Turkey after over 24 hours of traveling non-stop (around 8:30 pm), I decided to just risk it all and go ahead and eat whatever I wanted. The first meal consisted of an amazing fish soup, tasty little stuffed eggplants and a fried fish with other sides. And the dessert always consisted of a fruit, which was melon that night. I ate everything, including the bread. And I felt fine in the morning.
When I sat down for our first amazing meal at the Bellefron Hotel in Cirali, Turkey after over 24 hours of traveling non-stop (around 8:30 pm), I decided to just risk it all and go ahead and eat whatever I wanted. The first meal consisted of an amazing fish soup, tasty little stuffed eggplants and a fried fish with other sides. And the dessert always consisted of a fruit, which was melon that night. I ate everything, including the bread. And I felt fine in the morning.
Each morning consisted of a huge buffet of our very own Turkish breakfast.
It consisted of tons of fruit, vegetables, olives, nuts, honey,
preserves, cheeses, yogurt, and freshly squeezed OJ or pomegranate juice.
We could have coffee and/or Turkish tea as well.
Steve brought his own roasted coffee, as usual.
(This is how Turkish tea is served--in these cute little glasses)
Our meals were always listed (always in English) on a chalk board
each afternoon that was at the entrance of the dining area.
AND MAN, WERE THEY TASTY!
Here is a few photos of some of our meals.
Turkish Meatballs
Pork Chops
FISH. This one was my favorite.
FISH
Beef Tips and Mushrooms in a wine sauce.
Fried calamari-one of the appetizers
FISH! I love fish...
Every dinner was a four course meal, and always amazing.
Totally worth it to pay extra to have two meals included in the price of our stay.
Needless to say, I ate VERY WELL, and I was never hungry. I ate like a year's worth of bread too. Because they gave us a large basket each time we were served our breakfasts and dinners. And you could have breakfast or dinner at any time you'd like. They didn't have specific hours for you to eat. This was awesome, especially when we went to Chimaera at night. We didn't have dinner until 9:45pm.
It was the best vacation we have had thus far. And we have only been on a handful of actual vacations. For the most part, we spend our time off visiting our family in Oklahoma.
So, this concludes the first entry of our week long vacation in Turkey. To be continued...

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment