Steam Mop Heaven!
I have to admit, I was quite hesitant to ever own a steam mop. When the Shark came out a few year's back, I couldn't understand why people loved it so much. That's also before I started trying to be green and not use as many toxic household cleaners around the house.
NOT!?!?
Over the past several years, I have tried to minimize any kind of cleaning products I use, and have narrowed most of them down to things I make myself. By doing so, I save a ton of money! These products do just as good a job if not better without all the harsh chemicals. I couldn't stand the stench of the stuff anyways. So I am very happy with the next to no scent green products that are safe for me and for the environment.
I am not even sure what made me think of a steam mop. It may have been when I was dreading mopping my filthy floors yet again. I haven't actually been mopping them either. I have been doing it Cinderella style--with the old bucket and scrubber on my hands a knees. NOT EASY WORK. UGH!
So instead of cleaning my floors, I decided to research the latest steam mops on the market to see if there was something out there that could do the work for me.
Of course, I went to my old standby, and read all the reviews on the steam mops on Amazon's website. I could see right off that there were much better products out there since the Shark was introduced. So, I knew I wouldn't be getting a Shark.
Eventually, I decided to order the Oreck steam mop. It had the best reviews and they are very well known for their vacuums. So I felt like it was my best option. It was a bit pricier than the other mops, but I found it for $119 on Home Depot's website.
After this weekend's adventures with the steam mop, I decided to include my review of the mop on Home Depot's website. I value everyone else's feedback on reviews, so I always try to be sure to write one when I buy a new product. I wanted to be sure to tell people about what it could do other than floors. I guess I should have mentioned floors at some point. -- Luckily, I can always go back and edit it. ;)
Below is the review I posted on Home Depot's sight.
Have dirty and sticky stuff on your walls, doors or inside your cabinets? Think you have to paint them to make them look good? Well, THINK AGAIN! This product is amazing! It will remove all kinds of grease and grime ANYTHING. And you don't have to scrub, so it is very easy on the hands-I highly recommend this with anyone that has arthritis, etc...
It is a little heavy, but it has a nice handle you can use in the middle of it when lifting it up to use in higher locations around the home.
It can be used vertically or horizontally, and I can't wait to try it on so many other things in the house. I am VERY HAPPY with this product.



Comments
Post a Comment