Yoga and Zumba are back in my life
Oh, how I have missed them. It is a bitter sweet kind of deal tho. I gave up going to the gym to spend more time exercising my dog. But now, he can't walk for more than about 15-20 minutes without having to stop. And he is slooooooow. So, it isn't much of a workout for me in any way. But I am still taking him for walks. Just not very often.
I had also been doing some at home workouts that were very effective after I quit going to the gym, but I have no interest in doing them anymore. Too bad, since I bought a couple of expensive items to use at home that our now pretty much collecting dust. I do use them about once a week-which is really like not using them at all. Like most people, I get bored with the same ole stuff, so I have to change it up in order to stay active.
So, I finally made it to the gym to join yesterday. I was pretty good at haggling the price. Which I hoped would end up being the case. I got them to not make me pay their initial membership fee of $150. I told them, I would pay the $19.95 a month, but no money down for signing up. ha ha! I won. I would like to get it down to $9.95 a month. I think next time they advertise that price, I will bring the flier in and tell them that's what I want to pay.
Anyways, last night, I went to a yoga class for the first time in over 2 years. Man, it's crazy how much your body weakens in 2 years. I thought I still had pretty good strength. But my wrists and thumbs were super duper sore about 3/4 of the way through the class.
And man oh man, that room was CRAZY WARM! I thought maybe it was just me until the instructor said "Oh my goodness! They have the heat on!" Then, I looked around and saw people shining and literally dripping with sweat. Apparently, they thought our class was the new "HOT YOGA" class that they charge people extra to take. ha ha! So, I guess I got a free hot yoga class even though I do not do HOT. Hot makes me get migraines. Luckily, I didn't get one last night.
I was excited the instructor included a couple of new poses I had never done before. One was called turtle (below), and it was extremely challenging. Since I am pretty limber, I can usually do the challenging ones. AND because we were all super slippery from sweating, it was even easier to get into this pose. I didn't get down quite as far as the girl in this image-partly due to me being WAY too close to the wall in the room.
It feels great getting back into the gym. I have been debating joining for the past several months, but the biggest motivator has been the weight gain.
I had also been doing some at home workouts that were very effective after I quit going to the gym, but I have no interest in doing them anymore. Too bad, since I bought a couple of expensive items to use at home that our now pretty much collecting dust. I do use them about once a week-which is really like not using them at all. Like most people, I get bored with the same ole stuff, so I have to change it up in order to stay active.
So, I finally made it to the gym to join yesterday. I was pretty good at haggling the price. Which I hoped would end up being the case. I got them to not make me pay their initial membership fee of $150. I told them, I would pay the $19.95 a month, but no money down for signing up. ha ha! I won. I would like to get it down to $9.95 a month. I think next time they advertise that price, I will bring the flier in and tell them that's what I want to pay.
Anyways, last night, I went to a yoga class for the first time in over 2 years. Man, it's crazy how much your body weakens in 2 years. I thought I still had pretty good strength. But my wrists and thumbs were super duper sore about 3/4 of the way through the class.
And man oh man, that room was CRAZY WARM! I thought maybe it was just me until the instructor said "Oh my goodness! They have the heat on!" Then, I looked around and saw people shining and literally dripping with sweat. Apparently, they thought our class was the new "HOT YOGA" class that they charge people extra to take. ha ha! So, I guess I got a free hot yoga class even though I do not do HOT. Hot makes me get migraines. Luckily, I didn't get one last night.
I was excited the instructor included a couple of new poses I had never done before. One was called turtle (below), and it was extremely challenging. Since I am pretty limber, I can usually do the challenging ones. AND because we were all super slippery from sweating, it was even easier to get into this pose. I didn't get down quite as far as the girl in this image-partly due to me being WAY too close to the wall in the room.
![]() |
| source |
It feels great getting back into the gym. I have been debating joining for the past several months, but the biggest motivator has been the weight gain.
Tonight, it's ZUMBA BABY!
And in a couple of weeks, I will be trying out the Aerial Workshop I mentioned a couple of month's back. They also have aerial yoga, which makes me giggle to think about. I am interested to see what that entails.

Comments
Post a Comment