The woods that will be no longer.

One of the best things about where I live is that it is very wooded. You can barely see your neighbors because there are so many trees. I have always really loved this part of where we live. I take photos of the trees pretty often, and have included them in my past blogs. here and here.

This morning, I was thrilled to see a doe running through a neighbor's yard. Her fawn was peeking through the woods to see if the coast was clear to follow her.

Every year, I often see a doe and her fawns, and have even witnessed the fawn nursing in this very same yard just last year. Below-not my photo, but you get the idea. SO COOL!

Source

But this morning, my next door neighbor informed me the land and home that have been on the market for many years (where I saw the doe and her fawn) had finally been purchased. Things are going to change drastically.

Changes have already been occurring in our area at the main intersection by our home. At the corner, they have built apartments, a restaurant, and a bank. And now, there is a liquor store and a Dunkin Donuts in construction. I have accepted this, and am okay with it.


The red circled area used to be woods.
Here is a photo of the trees that used to line the road in this area.They were so colorful! 
But today, the big change I found out about is they are going to tear down the two homes already existing on this land, clear out  probably most of the woods and wetlands to build 15 houses around the corner from me.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

This makes me EXTREMELY sad.
I am guessing the red circled area is going to be turned
into a 15 home neighborhood. It is 15 acres of land.

The funny thing is, Steve has always said he wanted to buy that land for us. He would say he'd love to buy it and be able to have all that land to ourselves.  But now...it's too late. 

Hopefully, they will take their time, as they seem to have been forever, and it won't even happen for another ten years. That would be awesome. I can always dream, right?

But for now, I am going to go ahead and explore it since we don't know how long it will be here. I plan on hiking through and taking lots of photos. It will be a fun adventure. I always felt guilty about thinking of doing that before, because I felt like it was sacred. Well, now it is even more sacred.  And I can't stand the thought of never exploring it after it is long gone.

Anyone care to join me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!