Spring is almost here...
Spring is coming. The snow is almost gone. I love how when you look around, you can see things that have been covered up for months that you forgot were even there. So many rocks! At least in New Hampshire-the Granite State.
The last snow we will probably get this season was on Friday. So, I was able to work from home. Of course, when I work from home, I end up being outside shoveling snow for an hour or more. After shoveling the back deck, I had fun watching the chipmunks chase each other around under the deck, which is one of the few places there isn't any snow to prevent the chipmunks from running at full speed. They make the cutest little chirping sound!
My neighbor Ron be-friends these little guys, just like the guy in this video. They will walk right up and hang out on his leg while he feeds them. He doesn't give them an entire cup, just one piece at a time.
I busted out some Spring clothes today, and I even wore some little slip on shoes instead of my usual boots. I am sure if I am outside for any period of time, these shoes will not suffice in keeping my toes warm. So, I did bring some socks to work-just in case!
And for the first time in several months, Lucky and I were able to walk in the DAYLIGHT after 5pm! Ah, that was so nice. We even took a longer walk than usual, because we could actually see everything. I was fascinated by the animal prints I could see. I even saw what I think are some fisher cat (shown right) tracks, which is an animal I didn't even know existed until I moved to New Hampshire.
Even though I do love the snow, I am ready for Spring to emerge. I always get excited when my aunt Peggy starts posting photos of her flowers that have sprung in Oklahoma. We are always a bit behind when it comes to the seasons in New England. I need to go see if my Lenten Rose has buds, that is if I can see it yet! I am sure it is still covered in snow. But maybe I can see it this weekend!
The last snow we will probably get this season was on Friday. So, I was able to work from home. Of course, when I work from home, I end up being outside shoveling snow for an hour or more. After shoveling the back deck, I had fun watching the chipmunks chase each other around under the deck, which is one of the few places there isn't any snow to prevent the chipmunks from running at full speed. They make the cutest little chirping sound!
My neighbor Ron be-friends these little guys, just like the guy in this video. They will walk right up and hang out on his leg while he feeds them. He doesn't give them an entire cup, just one piece at a time.
I busted out some Spring clothes today, and I even wore some little slip on shoes instead of my usual boots. I am sure if I am outside for any period of time, these shoes will not suffice in keeping my toes warm. So, I did bring some socks to work-just in case!
![]() |
| source |
Even though I do love the snow, I am ready for Spring to emerge. I always get excited when my aunt Peggy starts posting photos of her flowers that have sprung in Oklahoma. We are always a bit behind when it comes to the seasons in New England. I need to go see if my Lenten Rose has buds, that is if I can see it yet! I am sure it is still covered in snow. But maybe I can see it this weekend!
![]() |
| My Lenten Rose |


i am so looking forward to all the tulips i planted.. that is, if the plow guy didn't tear them all up! hahaha!
ReplyDelete