Back on the saddle AGAIN!
I finally motivated myself to start walking again during work hours. My motivation; several NEW pounds on my body. Rrrrr.... So frustrating.
So, here is the walk that Dana and I made almost every day when he still worked here. Since Dana move to Florida, I have failed over the last several months to keep up this habit, resulting in the additional pounds on my butt and thighs.
The walk is a pretty good distance-I am guessing a mile or so? It only takes me 15 minutes to do it, so that's good. I have a pretty lengthy stride and walk quite fast.
Hopefully I will start using my XBox Kinect again too. I received it for my birthday last year, and I just love the dancing games. That's the only thing I do with it. Most people play those "shoot 'em up" games on the XBox, but I don't even own one of those, nor have any desire to either.
In 2011, I canceled my gym membership because I wanted to start walking Lucky on a daily basis. When I was going to the gym, I would neglect to give him any kind of exercise. That made him one unhappy pup. I didn't really realize it at the time, but once I saw the difference it made in his demeanor, I knew I had to keep it up. It also will add a few years to his life (I hope!) But I sure do long for my yoga and zumba classes I had been participating in for the last 3+ years. But it's worth it to have a happy dog.
I have also returned to eating a lot healthier things -- and not just eating whatever yummy goody I feel like when the desire strikes. You can't do that when you sit on your butt for over 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I didn't quite think that through when I chose my career as a graphic designer. Had I thought I would have such a sedentary job, I think I would have reconsidered. FYI: I knew I was in BIG trouble when I started my first full-time job in 2000, and I gained 10 lbs in one month.
So, here is the walk that Dana and I made almost every day when he still worked here. Since Dana move to Florida, I have failed over the last several months to keep up this habit, resulting in the additional pounds on my butt and thighs.
The walk is a pretty good distance-I am guessing a mile or so? It only takes me 15 minutes to do it, so that's good. I have a pretty lengthy stride and walk quite fast.
Hopefully I will start using my XBox Kinect again too. I received it for my birthday last year, and I just love the dancing games. That's the only thing I do with it. Most people play those "shoot 'em up" games on the XBox, but I don't even own one of those, nor have any desire to either.
In 2011, I canceled my gym membership because I wanted to start walking Lucky on a daily basis. When I was going to the gym, I would neglect to give him any kind of exercise. That made him one unhappy pup. I didn't really realize it at the time, but once I saw the difference it made in his demeanor, I knew I had to keep it up. It also will add a few years to his life (I hope!) But I sure do long for my yoga and zumba classes I had been participating in for the last 3+ years. But it's worth it to have a happy dog.
I have also returned to eating a lot healthier things -- and not just eating whatever yummy goody I feel like when the desire strikes. You can't do that when you sit on your butt for over 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I didn't quite think that through when I chose my career as a graphic designer. Had I thought I would have such a sedentary job, I think I would have reconsidered. FYI: I knew I was in BIG trouble when I started my first full-time job in 2000, and I gained 10 lbs in one month.

all this snow we've gotten has totally effed up my walks. the mine falls trails are packed down with ice and will be for a while. i've been hitting up the cemetery, but it's not the same. i miss the woods.
ReplyDelete