The truth always comes out

Over the past few years, I have been trying extra hard to get all the facts, and become as "green" as I possibly can.

Unfortunately, the world of marketing is never to be trusted. It's so disheartening to know that products, companies, individuals, etc... can basically say WHATEVER they want, and not have to prove to anyone that it is in fact a TRUE statement.
It is best to consider everything you read or hear a false statement until proven otherwise. 

One thing is for sure "GREEN" does not mean anything in the marketing world. So don't be fooled when you see something that says "green" or "earth friendly".  If all else fails, check out the ingredients and do your own research online before purchasing products.

Another example, any company can  have "ORGANIC" on their product. That doesn't mean it is in any way USDA certified organic. The easiest way to know if something is in fact organic, it will have this logo on the product. Then you know it can be trusted.

To learn more, check out this site

Keep in mind though "USDA has no authority over the production and labeling of cosmetics, body care products, and personal care products that are not made up of agricultural ingredients, or do not make any claims to meeting USDA organic standards."

During this time of educating myself, I have found there are actually reliable sources out there that can help minimize research. Green America is a wonderful nonprofit organization that I am proud to support. Their mission is to empower everyone with the ability to help solve environmental & social problems.  By using their resources, you learn more than you ever thought possible about taking responsibility for the necessary changes in this world. I had no idea how irresponsible corporate organizations are until I became a supporter of Green America.

For instance, did you have any idea that Hershey uses children to work for them? If you have time, check this out Hershey child trafficking. Unfortunately, over 1.8 million and counting, children have been slaves on cocoa farms, and not just for Hershey. Below is a documentary about it as well.

Supposedly, Hershey is promising to end child slave labor by 2020.

This is only a fraction of what I have learned over the past few years. You come to realize you can't trust anyone, especially anyone with any amount of money.

There are more shocking things out there you probably didn't know like
Makers of any kind of cleaning products ARE NOT REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW to LIST all of the ingredients in the product??! 
When I  found this out, it truly freaked me out. That is why I now use a simple variety of cleaning products in our home. 
  1. Vinegar
  2. Peroxide
  3. Baking Soda
  4. Borax
  5. Fels Naptha


I could go on and on about all this stuff, but I guess I should stop. I'd love to know your thoughts one what I have shared so far.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!