Immersion Blender
One of my wedding gifts was a Braun hand blender. When I opened this gift from my wonderful grandmother-in-law, Alma, I didn't think I would probably NEVER use it. And over the years, it really hasn't gotten that much use. The only time I ever really used it was when I wanted to make myself an ice cream shake or a smoothie. Yummm...
Over the past two or three years, I have been more and more adventurous in my cooking. So, the more cooking I do, the more I realize there are appliances that will assist/save time.
I have been venturing out of my usual meals consisting of a meat, veggie and starch. The hubby has always told me that he never considered "soup a meal, only an appetizer." But I have been introducing more and more chowders, etc...as our main meal, and he doesn't seem to mind. YES! SUCCESS!
I have also been making a lot of things from scratch now too, so I often need to blend up the sauces, dips, etc... Then one day I realized when I was about to pull out the food processor, "why not use this handy dandy immersion hand blender that will dip right into the existing container? " And so, the hand blender is used about once a week now.
I also use it to make
- fresh whipped cream
- blend any kind of gravy that may be a bit lumpy
- grind up whole spices
- puree pretty much anything
- dressings
- and of course, smoothies and milkshakes

Comments
Post a Comment