Hair Impatience



For years now, I have been trying to get my hair to grow longer than past my shoulder blades. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it to grow longer without it being a tangled, split-end mess.

My hair grows much slower than your average person. It is also quite thin which means it is prone to breakage. I do all the right things. I actually blow dry and/or curl my hair about twice a year. I very rarely wear it up in any fashion, but it never fails, it becomes one big tangled mess of ugly brittle hair.

I wrote this post a couple of years ago, and that's when I officially started trying harder to grow my hair longer. And I have been doing all those things that were suggested... Yet, my hair is still shoulder length. Sigh...

A number of factors have come into play since then tho. I started highlighting my hair for about 8 months, then eventually dying my hair at home (again, cheapskate).  And my hair has never been the same. oops...

We also changed our water filter system, and I do believe my hair is suffering the consequences. But I guess that's the price I have to pay to have water that won't rot out our plumbing.

My hair was at its best when I was a freshman in college. But I also think a number of factors were in my hair's favor. I was actually exercising quite regularly-probably walking a good 2-3 hours a day going to and from classes. I was eating the healthiest I ever have in my life due to cafeterias with a balanced menu. I also quit perming my hair about two years prior to college, since that finally came "out of style".

But back to my current brittle hair situation....

My patience with my hair is extremely short. If I want a hair cut, by golly, I better get to a salon that day or I am just going to do it myself. And doing it myself is always enticing because it's FREE! WOO HOO! And more often than not, that's what I end up doing.

Heck, it's not that hard to do! Especially if you pay attention when you are getting your hair cut. And I have seen mine cut in so many fashions, but there are a couple of ways that are super simple. And those techniques are usually what I use-to make it at least sort of look like I didn't just hand over the scissors to a 5 year old!

Unfortunately, the back of my head gets the least attention since I can't see it. Who knows what sort of mess it looks like back there. But since my hair is naturally curly, I can get away with it most of the time.

The only people that ever say, "Uhm, did you cut your hair yourself?" are the beauticians anyways. Or maybe other people just don't want to hurt my feelings! ha ha! I am sure most just don't even pay attention to the back of my head, because I sure don't.

In the end, my hair will probably always end up being the same length due to its fragility, no matter how hard I try. The only way it's going to grow and possibly be perfectly healthy is if I am in a coma for about 5 years!


Comments

  1. ha! i cut my own hair too. cheap. and i don't really have a "style" so it seems ok. angled front. bam.

    my hair will get to a certain length past my shoulders and i get irritated and cut it. i myself would love long hair but i just get to a point where i'm like, screw this! chop. plus, i color and highlight and play with my hair a lot. it never stands a chance.

    ask bernadette, she seems to know the secret to long motherflippin' hair. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL! Maybe we should cut each other's hair! ha ha! Bernadette was just blessed with gorgeous hair. I don't think I stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm down with that, lunch break haircuts! haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!