The onging mystery
For a few years now, I have battling the gastrointestinal wars. Every time I think I have the culprit pinned down and eliminated from my consumption, something else creeps up that is still giving me problems. Pinpointing what makes you gassy, bloated and "diarrhetic" as I call it, has been an ongoing challenge that never seems to have a concrete resolution.
Over the years, I have had a few too many horrible bouts of days spent in the bathroom. I finally decided to go to an allergist to see if they could help me solve this mystery. After doing the histamine skin test-and no reaction occurred, they had to do blood work for the allergy testing. I guess the skin tests are more reliable, and you find out sooner what you could be allergic to--
This week, my test results are slowly coming in, and I can review the results online which is super nifty. The doctor says I am in the clear for Celiac Disease, so that's cool. Now I just have to go to a GI Specialist. And the mystery continues....
Over the years, I have had a few too many horrible bouts of days spent in the bathroom. I finally decided to go to an allergist to see if they could help me solve this mystery. After doing the histamine skin test-and no reaction occurred, they had to do blood work for the allergy testing. I guess the skin tests are more reliable, and you find out sooner what you could be allergic to--
This week, my test results are slowly coming in, and I can review the results online which is super nifty. The doctor says I am in the clear for Celiac Disease, so that's cool. Now I just have to go to a GI Specialist. And the mystery continues....
i used to have wicked problems with my stomach when i was younger (super diarrhetic if you will) but it seems to have gotten better the older i get. i still have the occasional flare up but not nearly as bad. i can never figure out what it is that i'm eating which is annoying, i definitely feel your pain. it's frustrating.
ReplyDelete(and your blog looks really pretty, btw)
Thanks Stef! Maybe someday I can figure it all out!
ReplyDelete