Daddy
Daddy and his little Brother Johnny at the old homestead in WV.
Mom has done so well adjusting to being alone. I think he would be proud of her. I do my best to try and help her be independent as much as I can. She doesn't always want to ask for help, but she will call me if she does. That makes me feel good.
It's hard not to be angry with him sometimes for not taking care of himself. He did not care in the slightest that he was killing himself with his bad eating habits and smoking like a chimney. However, who knows how bad off he might be if he was still alive. He might be a bed ridden diabetic who lost his vision, limbs, etc...due to its horrible progression if one does not take care of himself.
It's probably best that he is gone. He is no longer suffering now. I just miss him sometimes...

Comments
Post a Comment