Use what you already have...
That's what I have been doing. I have been decorating the house, well...hanging up pictures, not really decorating.
What I have done is taken out most of the family photos that I have in frames, and I am replacing them with either artwork from old calendars or drawings I did in college. It's been kind of fun. You feel guilty removing your family photos from all those frames. However, I do not have current images of anyone in the family, and if I have photos, I like to have newer ones. Therefore, they get stuck in a drawer (sorry family-doesn't mean I don't love you!!)

ALSO I painted the stairwell. I have been wanting to do that ever since we moved in. In my mind, I was making it all complicated-thinking I need to figure out someway to use a ladder. WELL DUH! I used an extension pole with a roller screwed into the end of it. And when I painted the hard to reach corners, I taped and rubber-banned a paint brush to the end of the pole. YEAH!

Had I realized how simple it would be to paint that area, I would have done it YEARS ago!
Oh well. LIVE AND LEARN!!
Comments
Post a Comment