Reflecting on Dad
An Old Blog Posting 2007
Here are the ways I think I am like my father:
Very Frugal
Love to receive hugs
Often feel like someone is trying to rip me off-untrustworthy
Find it rewarding to fix things that are broken
LOVE LOVE LOVE Animals
I have a short temper sometimes
Always want to keep in touch with my family
Nature contributes to my happiness
Very Hard Worker
Widows peak
Short legs
Daddy----
You would be happy to know that Steve taught me how to play poker last night. You loved poker so much, and I really enjoyed playing last night for the first time. Wish I could have played you, because I don't know if I ever played anything with you before.
You would be so proud of how mom has grown since you have been gone. She has been so good at taking care of herself and learning how to do things she never thought she could do. We talk daily and often reflect upon the things that you did that made us smile.
Thank you so much for coming to see me last summer. I know how you dreaded the flight to come up here and didn't know if you could make it. I know it was very stressful on you, but once you got here we had a wonderful time. You have no idea how much I treasure that week we spent together. We had so much fun. I will never forget how happy you seemed to be here and how much you loved New Hampshire. Too bad you didn't get to make it to see all the beautiful snow we had in the winter. It was really cool. I love snow just as much as you did.
I have memories that will last a lifetime.
Shirley Franklin Edgell
Dec. 30 1941 - Sept. 2, 2006
Comments
Post a Comment