I don't wanna go to the DOCTOR!
So, I have been to the doctor more this past year than probably my entire life. I have been more in-tune with my body, or rather, Steve says I have become a hypochondriac-JUST LIKE OLE DAD! ha ha!
Maybe that is true, but I do know that I am unbelievably miserable lately ... And I am tired of it ...
At the beginning of the year, I decided I was sick and tired of being out of breath no matter what I did. I always have problems keeping up with everyone, and have always accepted it and never questioned that there might be something wrong.
And I went to the doctor. After many tests, x-rays, an EKG, etc ... nothing was determined. The peak flow test was quite low for someone my age. But after all the tests, they put me on an inhaler. It helped a little, but not enough to justify taking it for the rest of my life. If it only helps like 10%, I don't think it's worth it.
For the past 10 yrs I have been battling the stomach problems. When we moved to Missouri, I actually conquered them. It was definitely my large consumption of coffee that was the culprit.
I was okay for a few years, then we moved to New Hampshire. A few years here, and low and behold, STOMACH ISSUES AGAIN!
Wednesday is the big day. I know they are going to order all kinds of tests making me drink gross chalky stuff and inserting tubes down my throat, etc...and that is why I have been putting this off for so long.
I will keep you posted what happens next. I am sure they will just put me on yet another drug. OH GOODY!
Comments
Post a Comment