Getting back on track

This year has been insane! I honestly thought I might be moving to California, Arizona and possibly Texas over the last year. My husband has been searching hard for a new job, and was even offered positions in California and Texas. But thankfully, we didn't HAVE to take either of those because another job fell into place.

Since he was told by the recruiter "the job is yours if you want it. You just have to go interview," for the position in Arizona, I was convinced it was going to happen. I could live in the desert, even though my body absolutely rejects being above 90 degrees at almost any given time. I had lived in Oklahoma most of my life where the temperatures are more often at 100 degrees in the Summer than not, therefore I would just have to spend most of my days in air conditioning or the pool when necessary to stay cool. Arizona was a new exciting opportunity of a new kind of natural beauty. I already decided I was going to have the coolest cactus garden EVER!


But then...the offer didn't happen. WHAT?! That was a shock to me. Almost every position my husband has interviewed for, he receives an offer. And this was an offer we actually wanted, because it meant we could save lots of money and most likely retire at an early age. Ah well. It was nice to know I could stay in the lovely blissfulness of New Hampshire after all.

The man did manage to get a job that he absolutely did NOT want just so we could stop struggling back in March. The job paid well, but it was a miserable place for him to be. Thankfully, he had other opportunities rise but again, they were in other states.

The limbo was insane. Where were moving? Were we staying? What does the future hold?

I am one that absolutely avoids thinking about the future if at all possible. But it was IMPOSSIBLE not to think about it when he was interviewing around the United States and even phone interviewing abroad. I truly had to just stop thinking about it and just live day by day and hope this uncertainty would end soon.

Then, I was laid off. 

When you lose your job and you don't know if you are even going to keep living in the same state, you are a lot less motivated to hunt for a new position. But I did anyways, but I was quite apprehensive about trying very hard to put my best foot forward. 

Then, our dreams were finally answered. He was recommended for a position by a colleague who pulled many strings to get him an interview at a place in Massachusetts. I could finally breathe a little sigh of relief in hopes of staying where I am. The possibility of moving to Texas was still in the cards, but the position in Massachusetts looked very promising. And...it ended up being the offer he took. The job in Texas really couldn't meet the offer he received in Massachusetts, so we could easily decide that we were going to stay here...stay in this beautiful place we have called home for 9 years. 

FINALLY, we could start relaxing and not worrying about selling our home, moving across country, and starting our life all over again in a new environment. I definitely didn't want to move to GENERICA, because I have gotten spoiled by the historical and natural mecca or "eye candy" of New Hampshire. And when the man told me he just wants to "live in a condo" and not even have a yard, I could've almost cried.

GENERICA...aka Texas

But now, I can relax. Even though I don't have a job, at least I know that I can look locally, AND I can look forward to another year of beauty in New Hampshire

Another Fall

Another Winter




And of course ... Spring and Summer





I love it here. I don't ever want to leave...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!