Day 45 & 46 -- Recovering from the weekend

Friday and the entire weekend was dedicated to Gumbo Fest. It was a nice time. We had fun with our friends, and as always, not as many people showed up as were expected. It was nice to see Sudha, Jagan, Addy and baby Krish. We haven't seen them in over a year, which is way too long. I don't want to post photos of other people, as I don't have their permission, and these folks just LOVE having their photo taken. It was good to see everyone.

Sudha and Krish

Aditya

Jagan with Krish and Addy

We spent the entire day recovering in bed. I got up to file my unemployment information and answer a few emails. But that was about it. We did finally make it out of bed and go out to dinner at La Carreta. I also asked Steve if we could stop for some ice cream. I am such a sucker to the New England trend enjoying some ice cream in the Spring and Summer. I very rarely went out for ice cream in Missouri or Oklahoma. 

Since the entire weekend was devoted to Gumbo Fest, I didn't accomplish much laundry. I also need to finish putting things away and doing the final round of dishes. Mopping must occur as well since lots of dirt was tracked in the house. 

This morning, I will be going to my required meeting to assess my reemployment and eligibility. I have to dress as though I am going to a real-life interview too. Blah. I am not a morning person. Time to get dressed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!