Day 33 -- Another sunny day

The allergies are starting to hit me. I have had a lot of sinus/allergy headaches. But no runny nose and sneezing until today. Hopefully the apple cider vinegar will keep most of the allergies at bay.

Went with Steve to his neurologist and pain management doctor's appointments this morning. Ate up most of my morning, but I was thankful I could be there to hear the doctor's advice and comments first hand. There are some things that I take note of that Steve doesn't and vice versa. So it's helpful for both of us to have a second person there. One thing I always hear that he doesn't is that it can take nerve pain 1 year to 2 years to heal. So, he still has a long recovery ahead from his neck fusion surgery that was in December.

I will do some more freelancing for Divine Word today (that is what I did yesterday evening too). And take care of some things around the house. I should do a bit more job hunting.

This Mother's Day weekend won't be as hard as it has been in the past. I am at peace with not ever becoming a mother. It was a tough decision to make, but I think it's for the best. I truly enjoy my life as it is, and I don't need to bring another human into this already crowded society. I'm not saying that if it ever did happen, a pregnancy, that I would not follow through with having a child. If that happened, I would totally do my best to be the best parent I could be. But since I do have the choice, I am choosing to stay child-free.

And it helps to have others who have made that decision to be child-free as well. We have become friends with an older couple that chose not to have children, and they have taken us under their wing. They have also sustained illnesses and/or injuries in their lifetime that have left them dealing with chronic pain. So, they have also recommended ways of treating Steve's pain to make it more tolerable. I truly think they were a Godsend during this difficult time.

And I hope that they can also benefit from our relationship, even though we don't have as much to offer in the way of advice for them. We all enjoy the many luxuries in life of food, drink and travel. So, we enjoy exchanging the experiences we have had and plan on sharing some food, drink and other joyous occasions with them in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!