Day 31 - A little progress
This morning, I went to the orientation for the "Return to Work" initiative. I must say, this program is pretty darn cool. Employers are encouraged to create new jobs with this program. They can train new workers and get paid by the state for training someone, and the claimant (me) still receives unemployment compensation. It's a win win situation! And if the company decides they like you after the six weeks of training, they can hire you, and the state will pay a percentage of the claimant's (my) salary.
So, if I can convince an advertising agency or any web design firm to train me, then this will work out pretty well!
This afternoon, I managed to clean up the rest of the limbs and leaves in the yard and gardens. So, the yard looks pretty nice. I am waiting for the tree seed helicopters to land before I go get 2 yards of mulch to spread in my gardens.
Also, I went to the bank to deposit some checks, and remembered Steve and I had discussed I open a separate bank account for my freelancing work. So, I took the time to set that up while I was there. YAY! I just love it when I do things at the spurt of the moment that I would often procrastinate on if I had otherwise been working full-time. I actually meant to open up another account last Summer, but never got around to doing it.
Therefore, today has been a pretty successful day. I even had a company request an interview with me on Monday too.
Since so many things seemed to fall into place today, I think it's time to relax and do something a little rewarding. I might do some reading or just chill outside with a beer.
Day 31 was successful!
So, if I can convince an advertising agency or any web design firm to train me, then this will work out pretty well!
This afternoon, I managed to clean up the rest of the limbs and leaves in the yard and gardens. So, the yard looks pretty nice. I am waiting for the tree seed helicopters to land before I go get 2 yards of mulch to spread in my gardens.
Also, I went to the bank to deposit some checks, and remembered Steve and I had discussed I open a separate bank account for my freelancing work. So, I took the time to set that up while I was there. YAY! I just love it when I do things at the spurt of the moment that I would often procrastinate on if I had otherwise been working full-time. I actually meant to open up another account last Summer, but never got around to doing it.
Therefore, today has been a pretty successful day. I even had a company request an interview with me on Monday too.
Since so many things seemed to fall into place today, I think it's time to relax and do something a little rewarding. I might do some reading or just chill outside with a beer.
Day 31 was successful!
Comments
Post a Comment