Day 30 - Cleaning and waiting...
All weekend, I couldn't help and hope that Emerson Ecologics will want to interview me as soon as possible. But here it is, almost 11 am. I have not heard a peep. So, I decided I should not wait for the phone to ring any longer. Go about what I need to do, apply to more jobs and move forward...
The thing about job hunting is, you can't get too caught up on one particular job. You may think it's your dream job, and that you're a perfect fit. But the company that's hiring may not think so. More often than not, there are other candidates that have more experience than you, and they end up getting the position. So, I am putting feelers out in every direction. But I am not sure that is the best practice either.
On Friday, I heard back from the Concord job. Things didn't go as planned for who he had hoped to hire for the operations manager position. So, he has to start interviewing for that position again. He thinks he has to hire a designer and this operations manager at the same time. If he thinks that is all going to fall into place for him, he's crazy. Either one or the other is going to find a better opportunity before he can have them at the same time. And that's exactly what happened. The person he wanted to hire found something better. And hopefully, I will too!
I know I need some guidance in this whole job hunt too, so I sent an email to my employment assistance rep from the unemployment office. I hope she can help me figure out the best way to approach this whole job hunt. And maybe even assist me in trying to get a job in a different field of work. I would love to work with animals!
The thing about job hunting is, you can't get too caught up on one particular job. You may think it's your dream job, and that you're a perfect fit. But the company that's hiring may not think so. More often than not, there are other candidates that have more experience than you, and they end up getting the position. So, I am putting feelers out in every direction. But I am not sure that is the best practice either.
On Friday, I heard back from the Concord job. Things didn't go as planned for who he had hoped to hire for the operations manager position. So, he has to start interviewing for that position again. He thinks he has to hire a designer and this operations manager at the same time. If he thinks that is all going to fall into place for him, he's crazy. Either one or the other is going to find a better opportunity before he can have them at the same time. And that's exactly what happened. The person he wanted to hire found something better. And hopefully, I will too!
I know I need some guidance in this whole job hunt too, so I sent an email to my employment assistance rep from the unemployment office. I hope she can help me figure out the best way to approach this whole job hunt. And maybe even assist me in trying to get a job in a different field of work. I would love to work with animals!
Comments
Post a Comment