Obsession: Kelly Purse

With all my free time, I have developed an addiction to Etsy. And with that addiction, I have started to obsess over finding the perfect purse. I hate it when I get these ridiculous urges to have something. And then I can't stop looking for it. 

A couple of years back, I decided I was going to get a very expensive eco-conscious purse. As a result, I ended up with the Ellington Joni Eco Leather Handbag.  ECO leather: made in an environmentally responsible tannery with an efficient process and has an organic cotton interior.



It was PERFECT! But as always, it never ends up being perfect. It took me over a month to even get it, and when it was time for them to ship it to me, they didn't even have it in the green I so desired more than it even being "eco" friendly. ha ha! Alas, I told them to send me the brown one anyways. And to this day, I still wish it was green. Sigh. Ironically, Ellington doesn't even make the eco bags anymore. But I have to say, it has held up really well. It still looks brand new, and I have used it every single day for two years.  

Briefly, I carried this purse, but I don't like to use it on a daily basis. It's fun, but I feel like it isn't "interview appropriate". So, I switched back to my Ellington. It's adorable, and I still can't believe it was only $8.99

Back to my current purse obsession. Lisa and I went to lunch last week, and she had the cutest little handbag. I loved how it had just a clasp-for easy entry into the purse. I always despise and rarely use the zippers that my purses usually have. Only when I feel unsafe or that I might possibly tip the bag over do I actually zip it. One other thing I do not like about my current purse is it having two handles. I only want one. 

This bag that I am obsessed with is called the "Kelly Purse" or "Mad Men Purse" (BTW: I have never seen this show). It has a short handle, normally only one, and it clasps like a clutch purse. 

I really like this style. There are a few that I like more than others-shape wise. But I am afraid I might not actually like it once I try to put it over my shoulder. So, I need to go use one in-person before going overboard and buying one that I don't even end  up using. Here are a few examples of the ones I found on Etsy that I really like. 
Apparently, I really like lizard and/or alligator patterns. I feel it is okay since these are vintage, 
so I am being earth-friendly by wanting to purchase something that was made many decades prior.
This one looks like it could easily go over the shoulder. However, since it is round, it might topple over when being sat down. I am not sure if I would like that.


Love the color. But I feel it would be too small, and the strap definitely is too short. 

More likely a realistic purchase. Big enough, long enough strap and will sit up on its own. 
But a little more than I'd like to spend. 

So, let me know what you think. Do you have similar obsessions? I feel so ridiculous that I want this purse so badly. I decided that it can be my reward when I get hired for a new job. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!