Day 9 & 10

Day 9
Another dreary day in New Hampshire. I did have a lunch date with Liz, so that made the day so much better had I not had any social interaction. We met at the BVI and had a nice cozy lunch catching up on each other's lives. It was nice! She works a few minutes from where I live, so it was a convenient place for us to meet for lunch. 

Day 10
It SNOWED! And sleeted last night. So weird. And very chilly. 

The morning has been pretty productive. I feel super accomplished that I managed to find my SS card for my unemployment meeting on Friday.  I hadn't realized how completely chaotic and unorganized my fire safe was until I did decide to search for my SS card. So, I managed to categorize the items in it, and make file folders, so it isn't so stressful to find something in there. 

I hadn't really thought about what I was placing in my fire safe, and was surprised how many obituary remembrance cards and handouts from funerals were in there. I also have quite a few things from our wedding. And I totally forgot I had a copy of my mother's will as well. Many memories in that safe. And photos that I didn't even realize I had. 

Job Related Activities
I applied to another job, this one in Lawrence. It took me over and hour to fill out their extremely lengthy application online. They asked me questions I had never been asked before-like extensive details of my skill set. That was weird, but I managed to figure out what to say. I don't think I included enough information, but it was good practice if I have to do another application that might be similar. It gave me the option of saving the entire application to a pdf, which I greatly appreciated. 

I agreed to work freelance for Divine Word Missionaries too. I enjoy working with the client, and I am going to need some income soon anyways. I just want to play it safe seeing things never go as you hope they will in life. I just hope this year will be no more eventful than it already has been. 

Tomorrow is the big day for my interview for the part-time position in Concord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!