Day 8 continued - Goodwill, Yoga, Food and Taxes
Goodwill
As always, I love a great bargain. Hence the Goodwill adventure. I had a few things I knew I needed. Something Spring-like for my interview, maybe some curtain sheers and possibly a dust pan. Seriously. I was trying to be patient and surf through the enormous amount of clothing at the Goodwill. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to shopping. I just had to remind myself I didn't have any place to be at any certain time. That is very rarely ever the case!
I have gone to thrift stores regularly throughout my life. Money was always tight as a child, and of course it was super tight in college. But I feel as though I shouldn't take advantage of the bargains now that can afford the full cost of clothing more so than any other time in my life. I have to remind myself that this is for the greater good of humanity. The more I reuse things, the less impact I am having on the environment. I know, clothing is always going to be mass produced in ridiculous quantities, but I don't have to take part in purchasing it if there are perfectly good clothes that are slightly used and new to me.
My attempts to find the perfect outfit were unsuccessful, but I did manage to come home with a blazer and a nice dress shirt. I found what seemed to be the perfect dress suit, however, my big @$$ and thighs would not fit in the size 8 pants. Sigh... A friendly reminder I need to work out more and eat less.
I scored some window sheers and even a brand new dust pan (yes, Goodwill sells brand new items too). So, I felt I was successful in my attempt to get what I needed. However, I am still not quite sure what I am going to wear to my interview. I may wear the top I bought at Goodwill with a pencil skirt. And possibly a blazer, depending on how warm it is that day.
Yoga
Last week, I failed miserably at going to the gym. I was recovering all week from Zumba, so I feel that I shouldn't attempt it again until I feel more confident in my stamina, which is currently next to zero. But I did make it to yoga. It is what they call "slow flow yoga", therefore is going to be easier than usual. I am new to this particular Gold's Gym, since I have only gone to the Manchester and Nashua locations on a regular basis over the years. So I wasn't sure what to expect from this class.
We spent a good portion of time sitting on the mat, which is totally unusual. But I was okay with that, because I was dreading any downward facing dogs, due to my carpal tunnel issues. There were only a few downward dogs, so my wrist was very thankful for that. My back has been suffering a lot, and the yoga seems to really have benefited me with all the stretches. Yay! I thought the back issues were most likely my reduction in muscle tone and strength. So this will help me out a lot getting back into yoga on a regular basis.
Food
After yoga, I managed to plan out some meals in my mind and head to the store. There was lots of fresh cilantro and parsley available at the low low cost of $1.30 a bunch, so I purchased one of each. I am in love with the flavors in chimichurri sauce. There are a few recipes that involve cilantro and/or parsley that I enjoy making during the Spring and Summer; Indian Style Sheekh Kabobs and another is Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. The kabobs suggest mint, but I can't always find it. And it normally tastes just as good without it. I have made these recipes many many times, and they are always super delicious.
Taxes
After dinner, we decided to tackle the dreaded taxes. We almost always have to pay, so we never like doing them. We had three W2s this time and a 1099 for my brief freelance work I did last Summer. We decided since I do work from home quite a bit, we might see about reporting a home office deduction. This is what saved us from having to pay yet again. You can deduct part of your mortgage interest, real estate, electric and internet bills too. If you're interested in looking into doing this for your taxes, check it out here.
I think this year's tax filing was one of the most relaxing ones we have ever had. Another plus for the day!
Now, back to day 9. More to come...
As always, I love a great bargain. Hence the Goodwill adventure. I had a few things I knew I needed. Something Spring-like for my interview, maybe some curtain sheers and possibly a dust pan. Seriously. I was trying to be patient and surf through the enormous amount of clothing at the Goodwill. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to shopping. I just had to remind myself I didn't have any place to be at any certain time. That is very rarely ever the case!
I have gone to thrift stores regularly throughout my life. Money was always tight as a child, and of course it was super tight in college. But I feel as though I shouldn't take advantage of the bargains now that can afford the full cost of clothing more so than any other time in my life. I have to remind myself that this is for the greater good of humanity. The more I reuse things, the less impact I am having on the environment. I know, clothing is always going to be mass produced in ridiculous quantities, but I don't have to take part in purchasing it if there are perfectly good clothes that are slightly used and new to me.
My attempts to find the perfect outfit were unsuccessful, but I did manage to come home with a blazer and a nice dress shirt. I found what seemed to be the perfect dress suit, however, my big @$$ and thighs would not fit in the size 8 pants. Sigh... A friendly reminder I need to work out more and eat less.
I scored some window sheers and even a brand new dust pan (yes, Goodwill sells brand new items too). So, I felt I was successful in my attempt to get what I needed. However, I am still not quite sure what I am going to wear to my interview. I may wear the top I bought at Goodwill with a pencil skirt. And possibly a blazer, depending on how warm it is that day.
Yoga
Last week, I failed miserably at going to the gym. I was recovering all week from Zumba, so I feel that I shouldn't attempt it again until I feel more confident in my stamina, which is currently next to zero. But I did make it to yoga. It is what they call "slow flow yoga", therefore is going to be easier than usual. I am new to this particular Gold's Gym, since I have only gone to the Manchester and Nashua locations on a regular basis over the years. So I wasn't sure what to expect from this class.
We spent a good portion of time sitting on the mat, which is totally unusual. But I was okay with that, because I was dreading any downward facing dogs, due to my carpal tunnel issues. There were only a few downward dogs, so my wrist was very thankful for that. My back has been suffering a lot, and the yoga seems to really have benefited me with all the stretches. Yay! I thought the back issues were most likely my reduction in muscle tone and strength. So this will help me out a lot getting back into yoga on a regular basis.
Food
After yoga, I managed to plan out some meals in my mind and head to the store. There was lots of fresh cilantro and parsley available at the low low cost of $1.30 a bunch, so I purchased one of each. I am in love with the flavors in chimichurri sauce. There are a few recipes that involve cilantro and/or parsley that I enjoy making during the Spring and Summer; Indian Style Sheekh Kabobs and another is Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. The kabobs suggest mint, but I can't always find it. And it normally tastes just as good without it. I have made these recipes many many times, and they are always super delicious.
Taxes
After dinner, we decided to tackle the dreaded taxes. We almost always have to pay, so we never like doing them. We had three W2s this time and a 1099 for my brief freelance work I did last Summer. We decided since I do work from home quite a bit, we might see about reporting a home office deduction. This is what saved us from having to pay yet again. You can deduct part of your mortgage interest, real estate, electric and internet bills too. If you're interested in looking into doing this for your taxes, check it out here.
I think this year's tax filing was one of the most relaxing ones we have ever had. Another plus for the day!
Now, back to day 9. More to come...
Comments
Post a Comment