Day 12 - Wow! Busy
The last 24 hours have just seem to been a crazy whirlwind of information. I think my interview went really well. I was shown many of their current printed collateral for their clients. Every piece could use a massive makeover, as they are well aware of, and why they want to hire a new designer. I offered lots of recommendations and asked many questions that helped them understand that I could do what they are wanting. I feel confident he will make me an offer, just not sure when he will get the courage to face the current employee and let her go.
This morning, I attended my unemployment one hour orientation. And man-oh-man there are a lot of rules to follow in order to get paid by the state. I am hoping I won't have to do this filing for unemployment for very long, because I don't want to have to deal with all the rules and regulations. I am really lucky that this isn't my only source of income, because I would have to sell my home and move back to Oklahoma!
At 1pm, I have a phone interview with a recruiter. I am sure most of the positions she has that I could potentially fill are all in Boston. That's my biggest frustration. Most of the jobs I qualify for are over an hour commute. Sigh...
On a side note--the weather has gotten super cold, and I just packed up all my winter clothing last weekend. So, I had to dig out a few things in order to handle the low 20s that we are experiencing right now. brrr... I like the cold, but I am ready to wear my flip flops!
Second week down of unemployment. It has been filled with potential!
This morning, I attended my unemployment one hour orientation. And man-oh-man there are a lot of rules to follow in order to get paid by the state. I am hoping I won't have to do this filing for unemployment for very long, because I don't want to have to deal with all the rules and regulations. I am really lucky that this isn't my only source of income, because I would have to sell my home and move back to Oklahoma!
At 1pm, I have a phone interview with a recruiter. I am sure most of the positions she has that I could potentially fill are all in Boston. That's my biggest frustration. Most of the jobs I qualify for are over an hour commute. Sigh...
On a side note--the weather has gotten super cold, and I just packed up all my winter clothing last weekend. So, I had to dig out a few things in order to handle the low 20s that we are experiencing right now. brrr... I like the cold, but I am ready to wear my flip flops!
Second week down of unemployment. It has been filled with potential!
Comments
Post a Comment