Taste Buds

I don't know about you, but as I get older, my taste buds have changed. Things I used to hate, I now love. It's so odd to me, because you would think if you don't like something-that wouldn't change.

But I am one of those people that tries things again if the opportunity arises.


For example, I never EVER liked coleslaw, especially as a kid. Now, I actually do! If it was on my plate after ordering some fish and fries, I would try it again just to see if I still didn't like it. Low and behold, I have done that enough now that I have actually acquired a taste for it. 


BROCCOLI is another example. I liked it raw, but hated the way it tasted cooked. But there were times it was served to me and I didn't have an option of something else. Eventually I acquired a taste for it. Now, I actually eat it on a weekly basis---COOKED!



My most recent reintroduction to something I never cared for is chocolate combined with mint. I just ate a York Peppermint patty, and I ENJOYED IT! FOR REAL?!?! ha ha! I had to help myself to another one.

Is there anything you used to hate that you now love?
Do you find it as odd as I do that this can happen? I don't know if it is because I am more open to enjoying the flavor or what. But it is definitely a good thing vs.a bad thing as I age!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!