A New Way of Living...and a Cemetery Adventure
My professional life has changed quite a bit in the last month. My boss has been mentioning to me for a few months now that he might need me to work part-time. Luckily, my massage therapist knew of a graphic designer who hires freelancers as needed. To make a long story short, I now work two days a week at Tackle, and as needed for Lynn Wood Design.
So, now I have quite a bit of free time, and I need to use the time wisely. Making a list has been pretty easy to do, since there are always things I forget to do on a daily basis. And one of those things is getting myself back in shape. No excuses now. I have lots of FREE TIME!
Yesterday, I decided to take a nice long walk (without the pooch, unfortunately). I decided to take the time to explore a neighborhood cemetery I have always wanted to go through, but only thought about it when I was walking the dog. And dogs aren't allowed in this cemetery, so I have always respected that.
I came across a lot of unique tombstones. I have never seen any tombstones before that had images or carvings of Jesus. So, I was really surprised to see so many at this particular cemetery. They were quite detailed and lovely. Here are a few below.
So, now I have quite a bit of free time, and I need to use the time wisely. Making a list has been pretty easy to do, since there are always things I forget to do on a daily basis. And one of those things is getting myself back in shape. No excuses now. I have lots of FREE TIME!
Yesterday, I decided to take a nice long walk (without the pooch, unfortunately). I decided to take the time to explore a neighborhood cemetery I have always wanted to go through, but only thought about it when I was walking the dog. And dogs aren't allowed in this cemetery, so I have always respected that.
I came across a lot of unique tombstones. I have never seen any tombstones before that had images or carvings of Jesus. So, I was really surprised to see so many at this particular cemetery. They were quite detailed and lovely. Here are a few below.
His hands are rather LARGE. But pretty good, huh?
Eyes are kind of creepy. I think they are supposed to be closed.
But it's a another nice one.
Nice cut out-I thought. Quite a few in this area that mimicked this design.
There were some other ones I did appreciate as well.
I guess they were very proud of their home!
Just a natural piece of granite! Nice! I appreciate the uniqueness.
This family obviously loved birds. A bird feeder was a surprise to see in a cemetery.
The flowers adorning the stone also had bird's nests in them.
This stone marked several graves--I believe about 4--names were listed on the back.
Black granite with GOLD details. I think they were a bit proud of themselves. :)
Nice rose. I haven't seen much of the metal artwork glued on the stones before.
There were quite a few at this cemetery.
I also appreciate that someone was kind enough to leave
bottles tied to the water spouts--so if you have plants next to
your loved one's graves, you could water them when you came to visit.
I enjoyed my trip through the cemetery more than I expected. It's always fun to try and figure out what kind of person each stone represents. You can tell a little bit about a person just by what type of stone they have, what might be left at the site by loved ones, etc...
My walks won't always include cemetery adventures. I love to go on hiking trails, but feel nervous going alone. I know Lucky probably doesn't protect me as much I am led to believe, but I do know I am less likely to be attacked by some creepy wood's stalker if I have a big black dog keeping me company :)
My walks won't always include cemetery adventures. I love to go on hiking trails, but feel nervous going alone. I know Lucky probably doesn't protect me as much I am led to believe, but I do know I am less likely to be attacked by some creepy wood's stalker if I have a big black dog keeping me company :)





.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment