Dress season is here

This is not going to be a typical post. It is going to be about CLOTHES! I never write about clothes. However, I feel so strongly about being able to wear one single article of clothing, I felt it was worth a post.

Dresses. Oh, how I love to wear them. Not because I think I look great in them or even have the legs to show off. It's because they are SIMPLE. One article of clothing. One decision. With pants, skirts, shorts, whatever....you have to find a coordinating TOP. Tops are actually the easy part of the decision making. It's the pants I can't wear at this time due to some additional pounds I have acquired over the last year. But dresses almost always fit me, regardless of any weight gain. When you decide to wear a dress, BAM, the decision making is pretty much over.

I have acquired quite a few dresses from clothing swaps, making life so much easier in the warmer weather. And AMY LOVES things to be EASY! SIMPLE!
Dress courtesy of Gia from the last clothing swap I attended.
It's a bit tight in the chest, but very figure flattering. I will get a few wears out of it. 

Yes, I do end up wearing some sort of cardigan, shoes and jewelry to match. But those decisions are a lot less complicated than the overall fabric covering the majority of my body.


Goodies from the September 2012 Swap.

It is so much fun to have new things to wear-and not have to pay a dime to acquire them. And you even try out different clothes that you wouldn't dare buy because "it just isn't you" so you think...However, if it's free, so, why not? I do often get this strange look from the man and then the quick response of "Oh, you must have gotten that at a swap." That way if he doesn't like it-it's okay that I didn't spend any money on it. ha ha!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!