Grandmother's wedding dress
My grandmother's wedding dress has been in a pillow case in a drawer for probably over 50 years. I remember the first time Grandma showed it to me.
At the time, I was disappointed that it was so simple. I really expected her to have this elaborate dress with beading, sequins, lace, etc... so it really didn't interest me back then.
But now, I think it is so cool that we have it. The actual dress my grandmother wore when she said "I do" to Casey Dombrowski.
Aunt Peggy was so kind as to scan a bunch of these photos from Grandmother's wedding album. They are so fun!
At the time, I was disappointed that it was so simple. I really expected her to have this elaborate dress with beading, sequins, lace, etc... so it really didn't interest me back then.
But now, I think it is so cool that we have it. The actual dress my grandmother wore when she said "I do" to Casey Dombrowski.
Aunt Peggy was so kind as to scan a bunch of these photos from Grandmother's wedding album. They are so fun!
I find this announcement very amusing, and grandmother probably
wrote it herself--tooting her own horn a bit? ha ha!
"Frederick's most popular young business women".
It was true though.
She was known as one of the women, along with her sister, Norene,
who took photos of every major event in the area. They took photos of everything from post-mortem images to tornadoes to weddings and major celebrations.
They also owned the only photography studio in Frederick.
I just love how she took these photos of them kissing. I wonder if she set a timer, or if she had her sister, Norene take these photos??
My plan is to scan these images at high-resolution and have them reprinted. Then, I want to create a shadow box and have grandma's dress inside it too. I can't wait! But it will be a while, since all these items pictured are in Oklahoma.






Comments
Post a Comment