Reality of Adulthood


This image on Pinterest today reminded me of how I have changed this year (yes, this year. Sad, I know...) I have finally come to realize and accept I can't DO IT ALL! No matter how hard I try.

As a young adult tries to domesticate oneself, you try to do it all, and you try to do it all WELL! But as you get older you realize if you want to be happy, you have to slack in some areas. Being able to:
  • cook 
  • clean
  • maintain your figure
  • make your husband happy
  • keep your hound dog happy
  • volunteer to help the homeless/hungry
  • work on the house/yard
  • have a social life
  • keep up with family
  • work full-time, etc...
This is a to do list that never goes away.  NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!

There will always be something that didn't get completed each and every day. Because if you DO actually accomplish everything on your to do list, my friend, you are just a freak of nature.

So relax...take it easy. Have a glass of wine, sit down and enjoy the evening with your loved ones. That pile of dishes ain't going NO WHERE. So, you might as well cherish the moments you do have to spend with your family.

I promise you when people are reflecting on their lives, no one ever looks back and wishes they had kept their house cleaner.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!