A few tips I have learned on curbing hunger

My entire life, I have let my stomach rule my life. If I was hungry, by golly, I better get fed in the next 20 minutes, or I got MEAN!

But a few years ago, I decided I was going to win this stinken battle with my gut always ruling me. If I was hungry, I would wait. Teach that stomach a lesson. I was not going to be a slave to my hunger pangs.

I did tons of research, trying to figure out the healthiest, most satisfying snacks. The one that works best for me, that I use almost every week---a single spoon of peanut butter.

I was so shocked when I discovered this really worked! It truly keeps me from going mad with starvation. Therefore, I always keep a jar at work. That way, when 2:30-3 pm rolls around, I at least have something I can eat-if nothing else is available.

It's actually even more satisfying with an apple. You can either have an apple or a spoon of peanut butter. But if you have them together, it is the best. You get your fiber and your protein. It also helps with the horrible stickiness of the peanut butter. It prevents it from staying on your tongue causing you to drink a ton of water to finally get it all off!

Another great one is a 1/2 cup of coconut milk. That stuff is high in calories, so it is really pretty satisfying. And it provides almost instant relief, because it is a liquid. It doesn't work as long as the peanut butter, but it is pretty surprisingly satisfying.

Raw almonds are also a good one to have around. I try to keep a can of them in my desk to eat when necessary. Only about 1/4 cup.

The last, and probably the least healthy option is a tortilla with some melted cheese. It's been a standby for me also that seems to help me  last a few more hours until the hubby gets home for dinner.

Hope these tips help others! I know I was super happy when I finally realized I could satisfy my craving with a small portion of food and still have plenty of room for dinner.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day of enjoyment before going back to work

Day 15 - Time to Learn!

Day 18 - First Unemployment Paycheck!