Ancestry Excitement
Josephine Michaluk and Aleksander Dombrowski,
my maternal great grandmother and father.
Notice the cigar he has in his hand? hee hee
Love his moustache too!
I am totally obsessed with finding out more about my grandfather's parents, Josephine and Aleksander Dombrowski. I cannot find hardly anything about them. That's because they immigrated to the US from Poland in the early 1900s. So, it was extremely exciting to find the name of the church where they were married yesterday online. I have their engagement photo (I am assuming it is an engagement photo) and their wedding photo which my Aunt Peggy provided me many moons ago.
I have no idea who the other couple is in the photo. I am assuming it is Josephine's sister and possibly a brother of Aleksander? Looks like they had some money?!?!
Here is the church where they were married on May 20, 1908.
St. Adalbert Church, Chicago IL completed in 1914-so it was still under
construction when they were married there. Started in 1897.
It is in Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. It originally served a population of Polish immigrants (which my great grandparents were) who used to live in this neighborhood.
Today it is a primarily Hispanic area.
And here are their children. This is one of the only photos
I have of my maternal grandfather as a child. He is with his three sisters.
I have of my maternal grandfather as a child. He is with his three sisters.
Grandpa Casey (Casimir), Stella, Pearl and Hattie
It looks like Pearl was celebrating her First Communion or something?
Looks like she has a rosary in a cup or something she is holding.
One other pretty exciting thing is with Ancestry (when you have a paid membership), you can look at old Census' they have online. You can actually see the list of people in the household, their occupations, age, and even sometimes their address.
One day, I found my great grandparents (shown below) address
when my grandfather was 16. Here is a photo of it on google!
Their address in 1930. Granted, it may not even be the home. Google is infamous for not pointing at the exact address. I think that is a legal thing tho. People don't like how accurate it can be-
Pretty nifty, huh? I love technology.





Comments
Post a Comment