Won't you be my neighbor...
I have the kindest neighbor you could ever ask for right across the street. When we first moved to New Hampshire, he was always stopping by to say hello. When my father passed away, we had to go to Oklahoma on short notice. Ron took care of our mail and even mowed our lawn while we were gone. He has helped us with so many things, and never makes you feel like you are putting him out. Anything you need, he will be more than happy to help out. And he doesn't expect anything in return.
One day, I decided to go over and visit with him since he was sitting outside just relaxing. I started talking to him about how I wanted to make a headboard out of an old door. Of course, the man who does it all, says "Oh, I have made one of those before! Let's see if I have a door you might like."
He brings me to the backside of his house to a pile of several old doors. He starts digging through them asking if I liked any of them. They were all nice, but I did really like one that seemed to be perfect. He gave it to me, free of charge. Then, he started talking about the previous bed he had made with a headboard.
Then, he grabs some paint solvent and starts stripping the door, so I can see if it is what I want. In the end, he tells me he will make it for me, and he will just charge me for the materials. He's bored anyways and needs a new project.
Even though I wanted to make it myself, I knew he would be better, faster and enjoy every minute of it. So, I gave in to his request. He did a beautiful job, and I really appreciate all his hard work. I will cherish this piece even more because he made it out of the kindness of his heart.
He is a great role model. He is always filled with positive energy, and you never have a dull moment when he is around. He loves joking around and just enjoying every moment life has to bring.
One day, I decided to go over and visit with him since he was sitting outside just relaxing. I started talking to him about how I wanted to make a headboard out of an old door. Of course, the man who does it all, says "Oh, I have made one of those before! Let's see if I have a door you might like."
He brings me to the backside of his house to a pile of several old doors. He starts digging through them asking if I liked any of them. They were all nice, but I did really like one that seemed to be perfect. He gave it to me, free of charge. Then, he started talking about the previous bed he had made with a headboard.
Then, he grabs some paint solvent and starts stripping the door, so I can see if it is what I want. In the end, he tells me he will make it for me, and he will just charge me for the materials. He's bored anyways and needs a new project.Even though I wanted to make it myself, I knew he would be better, faster and enjoy every minute of it. So, I gave in to his request. He did a beautiful job, and I really appreciate all his hard work. I will cherish this piece even more because he made it out of the kindness of his heart.
He is a great role model. He is always filled with positive energy, and you never have a dull moment when he is around. He loves joking around and just enjoying every moment life has to bring.
Comments
Post a Comment