So hard to keep up with the trends
in Marketing that is...I don't really care about keeping up with trends in fashion, etc...
But at work, it's kind of my duty to keep up with all the latest designs, social media marketing, etc...
Today, I made our company a Facebook page. It was quite fun. I enjoy entering all that information and uploading my art. But the hard part is...getting people to actually look at the page.
I created a new website for the company with sitecube last year, to prevent lots of waisted time and effort. You see, I taught myself web design to create an online portfolio, but all that knowledge is LONG GONE. It goes away fast, especially in my case. Like 5 minutes after I learn it. So, since it was October of 2007 when I taught myself, I knew I couldn't design a page from scratch in 2010.
Just like the Adobe Software. Every single year there is a new version out. Now, if I really wanted to keep up with the design trends, I would go to seminars every year to learn the latest and greatest. But I don't have that kind of money to do those things. When I worked at Meridian, I could just fill out a request form to go to Seminars. It was as simple as that. And I took advantage of that for the 3 yrs I worked there. But now I work for a company with three employees. I don't really have the nerve to ask to go to seminars and training for $500 or more a pop.
Therefore, I get behind the times because I don't have enough patience to sit around and teach myself all the new bells and whistles Adobe has to offer every single six months.
This puts me at a disadvantage for sure. But I also am just a "junk mail " designer these days. So, keeping up with the trends isn't that high on the "to do" list.
For now, I just have to try to catch up with the trends here and there every couple of months or so. I know I will always be behind. But like I said--in the junk mail world, that really doesn't matter.
Comments
Post a Comment