Ahhhh...snow
I had no idea what it was like to have snow up to your knees. Snow so deep you have to blow it out of your driveway in order to get out. Snow that falls and falls and falls and falls some more.
As a child, I loved snow. And I was so excited to move somewhere where I could see it more than once or twice a year-and for more than a couple of hours of days max.
When we moved to New Hampshire, we knew it would fall often and in large quantities. We had no idea there would be times when we would have to climb to the top of our roof and push it all off.
We appreciate the beauty of it more than we did before. But sometimes we get tired of it. But only because it slows us down in the mornings by having to dig out or cars or clear the driveway. But you learn to get used to it and most of the time plan ahead.
Lucky enjoys it even more so. He will gallop through like it is the best thing ever.
As a child, I loved snow. And I was so excited to move somewhere where I could see it more than once or twice a year-and for more than a couple of hours of days max.
When we moved to New Hampshire, we knew it would fall often and in large quantities. We had no idea there would be times when we would have to climb to the top of our roof and push it all off.
We appreciate the beauty of it more than we did before. But sometimes we get tired of it. But only because it slows us down in the mornings by having to dig out or cars or clear the driveway. But you learn to get used to it and most of the time plan ahead.
Lucky enjoys it even more so. He will gallop through like it is the best thing ever.
But the best part is the opportunity to work from home. Then I can stay all cozied up in my pajamas and keep a roaring fire going to keep me toasty all day long.
I love that photo of Lucky. :)
ReplyDelete